The island was again marketed in 1906, with several blocks being sold at 20s to 25s per foot on water frontage. A further 22 sites were sold in 1911 at an auction attended by over 130 persons, with bidding brisk although waterfront sites were selling from 17s to 25s per foot, so capital gains had been modest! At this time the island was reported to be owned by a Count Morner, although it is not clear when it came into his possession.
The earliest known photo of Bangalla is 1920, where she is featured as a ‘fine waterside residence’ in a full page advertisement for further sales of subdivided land. The front balcony and its footings together with the very large, hand-cut sandstone blocks can be very clearly seen.
Bangalla featured in the estate of a Mr George Hebden, a noted stock-breeder who died in August, 1924 aged 76. It was advertised in the Sydney Morning Herald on Sat, 1st November as follows:
“Scotland Island, Pittwater. In the Estate of the Late G. H Hebden, an absolute waterfrontage property with boatshed, baths and the best jetty in Pittwater. Gentlemans Bungalow known as ‘Bangalla’, commanding extensive views of Newport, Bayview and Islands. Built of stone with attached weatherboard additions, front and rear verandahs, containing 5 bedrooms, living and lounge rooms, kitchen, bathroom, heater, laundry and necessary appointments, workshop and mans room detached. Furniture all in good order can be taken at valuation. Land comprises 2 acres 3 roods 33 perches, Torrens Title”.